How to make python24.dll smaller ?

Stormbringer andreif at mail.dntis.ro
Wed Sep 14 03:13:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to make an executable for one of my applications with cx
freeze. All works ok although I must include python24.dll with it if I
want to redistribute it. The big problem is python24.dll size, it's 1.8
MB and I am sure I don't need much of what's in there.

I downloaded python source code and built the dll using the VC 7.1
project (directory PCBuild/), still can't figure out how I can tweak
the project so I get smaller dll - for example is there a way to find
out what modules are included, what is the approx size they take inside
the dll and how can I not include them by default ?

Thanks,
Andrei