Question about smtplib, and mail servers in general.

Christos Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Sep 26 12:38:14 EDT 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:50:26 +0100, rumours say that Steve Holden
<steve at holdenweb.com> might have written:

>I agree that there's an element of the moral imperative in my assertion
>that the mails "should" go through which is largely ignored by the real
>world nowadays. Some ISPs force you to use their SMTP servers no matter
>what the sending domain, which is rather annoying when you travel a lot.
>I end up having to vary my default SMTP server as I move.

...or set up your email client to always connect to localhost ports eg
31025 and 31110, and then from wherever you are, you connect to an SSH
server trusted by your "standard" mail server and port-forward to it.

Don't know if this applies to your case, but it works for me :)
--
Christos Georgiou, Customer Support Engineer
Silicon Solutions, Medicon Ltd.