Improving Python docs (was Re: OpenSource documentation problems)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Sep 7 15:01:45 EDT 2005

In article <mailman.122.1125889737.4249.python-list at python.org>,
Steve Holden  <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>> In article <mailman.28.1125631184.4249.python-list at python.org>,
>> Steve Holden  <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>.>
>>>Bear in mind that the PSF made its very first grants last year. The
>>>reason none of those grants was awarded to a documentation project was
>>>that the (volunteer) Grants Committee and helpers didn't see any
>>>documentation projects worthy of support.
>>
>> Really?  And what exactly is "Software Engineering with Python for
>> Scientist and Engineers" if not a documentation project?  It may not be
>> the kind of documentation people are talking about in this thread, but it
>> certainly is documentation.
>
>Sigh. Fine. Any more nits you'd like to pick?

<scratch head>  Why are you calling this a nit?  It is direct proof that
the PSF is prepared to allocate financial resources to improve the Python
documentation.  We only await people to take up the challenge.

The way to build large Python applications is to componentize and
loosely-couple the hell out of everything.