Postgres PL/Python

Ksenia Marasanova ksenia.marasanova at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 18:03:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

I wonder if anyone on this list is using  Python as Postgres
procedural language. I can't find a place for it i my mind. How would
a typical MVC web application benefit from it  (besides performance)?
I understand from the docs that Postgres 7.4 has PL/PythonU -
unlimited functionality. It sounds like I have the whole Python
available in Postgres. That means big parts of application logic can
be moved to stored procedures, and dummy SQL layer becomes something
else... sounds scary. Any opinions on this?

Thanks.

--
Ksenia