IDE, widget library

Thomas Jollans nospam at jollans.com
Thu Sep 15 15:39:46 EDT 2005

I guess questions like this come all the time here ... well:

I a looking for a python IDE for gnu/linux that :
- has decent sytax highlighting (based on scintilla would be neat)
- has basic name completition, at least for system-wide modules
- has an integrated debugger
- is open source, or at least free of charge

an integrated GUI designer would of course be cool, but cannot be
counted as a requirement.

With that I come to the second question:
What cross-platform GUI libraries are there ? cross-platform meaning
functional and free on (at least) X11 and Win32
PyQT obviously doesn't count because qt3 is not free on windows.
Tk is ugly. (how well) is Tile supported with python ?
does PyGTK/Glade work on win32 ?