Getting tired with py2exe

Simon John simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 16:25:47 EDT 2005

[snip]

It seems that the URL is http://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu

>From the website it seems this is a continuation of McMillan Installer,
which they claim is "far superior" to py2exe! Personally I gave up on
MMI, prefering py2exe on Windows and cx_Freeze on UNIX.

And if they want to use UPX, well that's up to them, but I've had some
problems with it and don't particularly like the thought of runtime
decompression and the two process thing. And when you can compress the
distributable using 7zip or whatever, why bother keeping it compressed
once downloaded?

Ah well, I wish you, whoever takes over py2exe and the PyInstaller guys
the best of luck!