how to use new AST goodies

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Oct 25 04:51:17 EDT 2005

Simon Burton wrote:

> I'd like to experiment with this, does anyone know where to start ?

with the "once there is" parts, probably (see below).

> It seems that the parser module still produces the same junk as before.
> So where do we find these nice high level AST objects ?

here's a nice summary:

    http://www.amk.ca/diary/2005/10/the_ast_branch_lands_1

which ends with:

    "The primary benefit is that it should now be easier to write optimization
    passes and tools such as PyChecker or refactoring browsers, particularly
    once there's a Python interface to the AST and once everything is
    documented."

</F>