Python's Performance

Dave zhu_dave at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 13:28:25 EDT 2005

Yes, I would like to know how many internal string operations are done inside
the Python interpreter.

Thanks.

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy <gandalf at designaproduct.biz> wrote:
Dave wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to gather some information on Python's runtime
> performance. As far as I understand, it deals with a lot of string
> objects. Does it require a lot string processing during program
> execution? How does it handle such time-consuming operations? Is there
> a way to find out how many string operations (perhaps in the
> underlying system) ) it does during program execution?

Do you want to know how many internal string operations are done inside
the Python interpreter? I believe it is not a useful information. There
are benchmarks testing the *real performance* of Python.

For example: http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5602

Les