popen2

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Oct 29 16:36:20 EDT 2005

On 2005-10-29, Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

>>GE> That would require that the application know about the named
>>GE> pipe and open it.  I don't think there is any way to swap a
>>GE> pipe in for stdin/stdout once a process is running.
>
> Sure. 'myprogram' should be designed to communicate through a
> named pipe, or be called with named pipe(s) as stdin/stdout.

That's all well and good, but it's got nothing to do with the
OP's problem: he's got a program that's already running and he
wants to write a Python program that can "attach" pipes to that
already running program's stdin/stdout.  I know there's no way
to do that under Unix.  IIRC, the OP is running Win32, and I'm
not quite as confident that it can't be dont under Win32, but I
don't think it can.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  With YOU, I can be
                                  at               MYSELF... We don't NEED