Python vs Ruby

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Fri Oct 21 07:29:03 EDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Mike Meyer wrote:

> "bonono at gmail.com" <bonono at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> other than haskell and SQL, the others are more or less the same to me
>> so getting familiar with them is not too difficult.
>
> There are actually lots of good "train your brain" type languages.
> Members of the LISP family, for instance, to learn what you can do with
> lists, and also for how cool a real macro facility can be. I happen to
> like Scheme, but that's just me.

I haven't actually done anything much in any LISP, but Scheme definitely
looks like a winner to me - single namespace, generally cleaned-up
language and library, etc.

tom

--
For one thing at least is almost certain about the future, namely, that very much of it will be such as we should call incredible. -- Olaf Stapledon