New to Python: my impression v. Perl/Ruby

Stan Krajewski stanbar at si.rr.com
Sat Oct 15 09:15:01 EDT 2005

Very interesting. I too am deciding between the three languages. I find Python to be the easiest to use. By far.

I find the forced indentation in Python a blessing in disguise.

It seems Python is making in-roads into the progarmming community.

With Ruby, its back to idiosyncratic and abstract syntax. Why? Is it necessary to be cryptic? Whoever can figure out the puzzle is the smartest one?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."

Albert Einstein

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Stan