[ANN] XPN 0.5.5 released

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Fri Oct 14 13:02:27 EDT 2005

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Cousin Stanley" scriveva:

>> XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader
>> with Unicode support.
>
> Cousin Nemesis ....
>   Are the new xpn 5.5 config & data files compatible
>   with the older xpn 5.0 files ?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that they could work. The only thing is
changed is the outgoing articles format, so if you have article in the
oubox delete them

>   Can I install the newer xpn version
>   and move the older data files into it
>   without reconfiguring & reloading data files ?
>
>       o config.txt
>       o server_logs.dat
>       o dats
>       o groups_info
>       o groups_list

It should work, anyway just make a copy of these files to be sure not to
lose them.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org