UI toolkits for Python

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Fri Oct 14 21:09:36 EDT 2005

"Kenneth McDonald" <kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net> wrote in
news:mailman.2032.1129236372.509.python-list at python.org...
> Thanks for reminding me of Gtk. OK, add that to the list.
>
> The Web Browser interface is good for simple things, and will get better
> with CSS2's adoption, but they still don't have a good way for important
> things like interactive styled text, key bindings, etc. Good for
> simple things
> (for which I use them), not for more complex stuff.

I don't fully understand your attitude here. The Web Browser interface has
all I can imagine is required for a GUI, so what is missing when you
consider, that you can generate custom images on the fly on the server and
let the user shape the page without requesting CPU power from the server
using JavaScript.
I don't even name here the not really beeing itegral part of Internet
Browsers JavaApplets and any other kind of plugin stuff.
The only issue I can see with this approach is the speed of responding to
user interactions, but for really optimize this one needs a compiled
language anyway.
What is that complex, that it can't be solved using an Internet Browser as a
GUI?
Do I miss here something?

Claudio