Jargons of Info Tech industry

Sun Oct 9 07:01:09 EDT 2005

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 07:42:18 +0000, Roedy Green wrote:

> On 08 Oct 2005 18:59:39 -0700, Paul Rubin
> <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote or quoted :
>

>>I read mail over an ssh connection to a Unix shell.  I have no easy
>>way to read html email with a graphics browser.
>
> So the rest of the world should forgo rich communication because of
> your obsolete software?  How could anything every evolve with that
> attitude?

Hardly obsolete, any more than hammers are obsolete just because we have
Concords.

(The Concord... now *there* is an obsolete technology.)

You may have noticed that even Microsoft have acknowledged the power and
flexibility of text-based shells, and will be (if they get the technology
right in time) building one into Vista.

--
Steven.