Setting optimum gtkhtml2 widget size.

Sam sam at email-scan.com
Sun Oct 2 10:42:30 EDT 2005

I'm putting gtkhtml2.View() inside a gtk.ScrolledWindow, which goes into a
gtk.Dialog.vbox.

How do I obtain gtkhtml2.View's preferred height, and set the dialog's
height accordingly, given a specific width?

I can do a gtk.Dialog.set_default_size() up front, specifying the width and
height large enough for everything, then create all the widgets, and realize
them.

But then, even after I realize everything I can't get any useful metrics
from gtkhtml2.View().  None of the usual suspects -- get_size_request,
get_allocation -- give anything useful.

I also tried not using a ScrolledWindow, but adding gtkhtml2 as
gtk.Dialog.vbox's child.