When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 21:03:20 EDT 2005

Grant Edwards ha escrito:
> While we're off this topic again topic, I was watching a BBC
> series "Space Race" the other night.  The British actors did a
> passable job with the American accents in the scenes at Fort
> Bliss in Texas, but the writers wrote British English lines for
> them to speak in their American accents...

Continuing with this off-topic thread about british accent and
movies...
I've always asked myself why do Hollywood movies about the Roman Empire
show the Emperors and all the nobles speaking with british accent?
They were italians for God's sake!

Anyway, I can't imagine Julius Caesar speaking like Vito Corleone...