New project coming up...stay with Python, or go with a dot net language??? Your thoughts please!

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:46:10 EDT 2005

> that Boo isn't enough like Python to
> be a kind of Python - not necessarily a criticism, though, but an
> observation.

This is correct. I completely agree with you and I'm not saying that
boo is python.
Again, I just said that it could be considered "almost" a static python
implementation for .NET. It has many similarities, but also some
fundamental differences, therefore, it is a different language.

However, I think its similarities make it "pythonic" enough (or closely
related to python) to be considered, commented and appreciated by the
people in this mailing list.

Unfortunately, others disagree with this idea, and insist (over and
over again) that Boo is not python or that it has nothing to do with
it.