Any Pythonic GTK Undo library?

Tony Nelson *firstname*nlsnews at georgea*lastname*.com
Sat Oct 29 13:37:46 EDT 2005

I'm looking for a "pythonic" GTK Undo library/class.  It would have a
framework for Undo/Redo, and would provide Undo/Redo for TextView,
Entry, and containers and other classes.  In a "batteries included"
fashion, just instantiating a "UndoableTextView" or "UndoableEntry" or
"UndoableContainer" would provide Undo and Redo in the right-click menu;
simply connecting such an object to an "UndoableUIManager" would take
care of the stock items in the menus and toolbar; and there would be a
simple connection to some sort of "UndoableDocument" interface or mix-in
for more global sequencing of Undo/Redo.  Does something like this exist
for Python or GTK?  Googling didn't turn up anything useful.

I'm disappointed that GTK doesn't do this already.  Making my own seems
doable, but a fair amount of work.  If there isn't some such thing
already, is there interest in using one that I make?

I know about GUndo, which doesn't implement any actual undo operations;
the actual operations would need to be coded for TextView and Entry and
anything else.