Can module access global from __main__?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:41:25 EDT 2005

Everything you said is absolutely correct.  I was being lazy.  I had a main
program in module, and wanted to reorganize it, putting most of it into a
new module.  Being python, it actually only took a small effort to fix this
properly, so that in B.py, what were global variables are now passed as
arguments to class constructors and functions.

Still curious about the answer.  If I know that I am imported from __main__,
then I can do access X as sys.modules[__main__].X.  In general, I don't
know how to determine who is importing me.