Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 3 03:10:41 EDT 2005

Op 2005-09-30, Steven D'Aprano schreef <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au>:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:52:50 +0000, Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
>> Op 2005-09-29, Bill Mill schreef <bill.mill at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> But, if your users can't figure out that they shouldn't be changing
>>> the variable called t._test__i without expecting side effects, what do
>>> you think of the users of your class?
>>>
>>> Python is for consenting adults.
>>
>> No it is not. Consenting means you had the choice. Python doesn't
>> give you the choice not to consent.
>
> Damn straight. I used to be a perfectly happy Pascal programmer, until
> Guido and the Timbot kicked down my front door and forced me at gun point
> to start programming in Python.

I don't know about you, but when I hear someone saying, this is to be
used between consenting adults, I don't expect the choice to be limited
between using and not using. Those adults also have to consent on how
to use it.

If you limit this "consenting adults" to using python or not, you
are making my point.

--
Antoon Pardon