threading/forking and IPC

Sophia Cao quncao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:09:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am seeking a python solution for my project.  I am trying to
implement an architecture where there is a server who receives incoming
messages from several clients, then those messages need to be written
to a MySQL database.  To avoid too many connections to the database, I
plan to save the incoming messages into a queue, while use a seperate
process/thread to constantly monitoring the queue and storing the
messages to the database.  I am not sure wheather I should use
threading or forking and how to implement the sharing of this message
queue.

Thanks a lot for any advice.