http/urlib pos/get question (newbie)

Philippe C. Martin pmartin at snakecard.com
Thu Oct 20 18:41:55 EDT 2005

Hi,
(I am _very_ new to web programming)

I am writing a client module (browser plugin) and server module (Python CGI)
that need to exchange information.

I want the transaction to be intiated when the client accesses the link.

I need data  to go back and forth between the client and the server (cgi
script) with no impact on what the browser shows.

In the end (when I get the above to work), the server will say OK and the
actual page will appear or NOK and an ERROR page will appear.

I'm pretty clear (I think) as to what to do on the javascript (client) side
(XMLHttp) but am not certain if my cgi script must "urlib.open" its own
link in order to open the pipe on its side (there'll be some HTML GET/POST
tag I assume but where is the pipe/socket ?)

Thanks,

Philippe