Any SOAPpy users here?

Alvin A. Delagon adelagon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:15:19 EDT 2005

Hello python programmers! I would like to add myself to the ever
increasing number of python users. Here's my first question. I've
written two SOAP clients using PERL and a PHP. I tried to wirte a new
SOAP client using python but I'm having problems. First, I can't seem to
find a good documentation of the SOAPpy module. Second, I found a code
snippet of a python SOAP client but it was designed only to use the
SOAPproxy function. How can I create a python SOAP client given these
parameters:

URI: urn:TESTWS
HOST: https://hostname/cgi-bin/server.cgi

Here's the PERL snippet that I'm trying to convert into a pythinic
language:

my $login = SOAP::Lite
   -> uri ($URL)
   -> proxy ($host)
   -> login($uname, $epwd);
my $result = $login
   ->result;

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and more power to
python programmers!