Jargons of Info Tech industry

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Wed Oct 12 18:02:47 EDT 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:49:32 +1000, Steven D'Aprano
<steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote or quoted :

>Oh gosh, pictures of a new house. Why didn't you say so??? If you're
>sending pictures named "my_new_house1.jpg" etc then OF COURSE they have
>to be imbedded in a HTML email, otherwise how could anyone know what they
>were?

I suppose your subscribe to the shoebox theory of picture handling.
Just dump them in a box. It is OBVIOUS what they are. Go back to them
years later, and you would be surprised how baffling they can be, or
if the next generation wants to understand them.

You suggest there is something nefarious about wanting to caption and
share images by email.  Why NOT?
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.