return struct in ctypes

James Hu jhu at metrigenix.com
Wed Oct 5 21:35:01 EDT 2005

hi,

I need to use ctypes to call the API function like

fun1(&list, listLen)              //here  list is struct { long id; long type; long isOpen;}  ListItem;

so I define

class LIST_ITEM(Structure):
    _fields_ = [("Id", c_ulong),
                ("Type",c_ulong ),
                ("isOpen", c_ulong),
                ]

list=LIST_ITEM()
listLen=c_ulong(1)
thedriver.fun1(byref(list),listLen)
doesn't work, here the list is input param, not return info.

if use
list=c_char_p()
thedriver.fun1(byref(list),listLen)

how can I convert the list to LIST_ITEM?

another Q is :
how to use ctypes to implement this:

  struct1 mySettings;                              // here struct1 {long size; long params[32];}
   mySettings.size = sizeof(mySettings);

Where can get ctypes good samples? the samples with the package seems very simple. and the ctypes tutorial doesn't handle these cases either.

Thanks in advance

James