Python/Apache Oddness On OSX

John Abel jabel at plus.net
Mon Oct 24 10:46:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running Python 2.3.5/2.4.2 on OSX 10.4.2, and am trying to run CGI
scripts using the builtin Apache.  For ease, I've symlinked my custom
modules into the /Library/Python/2.3/site-packages directory, and they
import OK via command line python.  However, when I perform the import
from a cgi script, python fails to find the module.  It is definately
something to do with the symlink, as the CGI works OK if I copy the
directory into site-packages.  Is there some oddness with Python/Apache
and symlink imports?

Any pointers would be most useful.

Thanks