UI toolkits for Python

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Oct 18 04:02:47 EDT 2005

[Ken]

http://www.writely.com/
http://www.goffice.com/

> 2) Keybindings in a web application

http://rememberthemilk.com/
Google Keys (but what happened to it?  It's disappeared!)

> 3) Drag and drop

http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

http://qooxdoo.oss.schlund.de/demo/release/public/test/user/Index.html
(pick "Drag and Drop N" from the dropdown on the right hand side of the top
bar)

> 4) Resizable windows (i.e. not the browser window) within the
> application.

http://qooxdoo.oss.schlund.de/demo/release/public/test/user/Index.html
(pick "Window N" from the dropdown on the right hand side of the top bar)

http://www.bindows.net/ (click "Click for a quick DEMO")

> 5) Anything other than absolutely trivial graphical programs.

Not sure what you mean by this... Google maps?

> web interfaces are still basically forms that can contain
> buttons, checkboxes, text fields, and a few other basic controls. I
> wish it were otherwise.

It *is* otherwise.  You should follow the Ajaxian weblog here:
http://www.ajaxian.com/

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com