Microsoft Hatred FAQ

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Thu Oct 27 07:11:11 EDT 2005

Sibylle Koczian wrote:

> David Schwartz schrieb:

>>     When you are not in the majority, you are going to face
>> inconveniences. You'd face the same inconvenience if you wanted to
>> buy a new car without seats. Most people wants cars with seats, so
>> that's the way they're packaged.
>>

> What a stupid comparison! A computer without Windows is a computer
> with another operating system. It isn't even comparable to a car with
> specially expensive non standard seats.

    It is comparable in the only sense in which I used a comparison. More
people want a computer with Windows preinstalled than want it any other way.
Similarly, more people want a car with standard seats preinstalled than want
it any other way.

    Who said anything about 'specially expensive'? Are you pretending I said
that just so you can refute it?

    It kind of reminds me of a scene from Futurama, which went roughly like
this:

    Leela: We need to get some money.

    Fry: Well how are we going to do that? A daring daylight robbery of Fort
Knox on elephant back? That's the dumbest idea I ever heard!

    DS