migrate from ZODB 3.3.1 --- to where, and how?

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 04:39:33 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am using ZODB "standalone" in version 3.3.1 within some application.

Now I learn that the 3.3.x branch of ZODB is "retired". No problem so
far, everything is running fine.

BUT... "retired" gives me the hint that nothing GREAT will be done to
this branch anymore :)

Now I am questioning myself: to which branch should I migrate? Is 3.5 a
sure bet, or are uneven subversions a bad sign, making retirement
likely?

As much as my diggings showed me, the "special sign" of 3.3 was
import ZODB
from persistent import Persistent
from persistent.list import PersistentList
from persistent.mapping import PersistentMapping

that PersistentList and PersistenMapping reside within
persistent.<something>, while in the 3.2 branch they reside somewhere
else in the namespace.

I learned it the hard way that 3.3 filestores not get converted
magically or easy to 3.2 :) ...

So, my questions:
 - where should I migrate to?
 - how is migration done best (especially taking care of "old"
filestores

Harald