Popularity of blogging tools used by python programmers

SPE - Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:52:30 EDT 2005

Well, Python, Zope & Plone hosting are quite popular. However python
based blog software isn't as sexy as let's say blogger.

For SPE I first used a combination of PyDS&pycs.net. It is free for
everyone, but unfortunately not stable enough to my standards.

Luckily I got sponsored by zettai.net, who offer me excellent Zope
hosting. There I use CoreBlog as I wanted consciously to use a python
product.

As a rule of thumb: when you are totally happy with the templates of
prepacked blogs like blogger, then stick with that. But... even though
they look slick, they all look the same. It's a bit the same problem of
flash. So if you really want to modify your blog, you better take a
product which is written in a language you understand. That's the
reason why I like to work with Zope, Plone and CoreBlog.

But I guess a python programmer using other blog systems is not as bad
as a microsoft worker googling for the newest ipod. I'm sure a lot Perl
or Ruby programmers also use mailman for their mailing lists.

Stani

http://pythonide.stani.be
http://pythonide.stani.be/blog
http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual.html