ssh or other python editor

projecktzero projecktzero at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 09:15:21 EDT 2005

martijn at gamecreators.nl wrote:
> H!
>
> I'm using a windows machine.
> And a FreeBSD server where I run my python scripts.
>
> I'm working/making my python scripts in a windows OS with putty now.
> But I really want the python text colors and tab spacing like the
> python windows IDE but the problem is that I can't find a good program.
>
> Thanks

So you're using Putty to telenet/ssh into the FreeBSD server, but what
editor on you using on the FreeBSD server?

I use VIM on my Windows workstation to edit files on a linux server. I
have a network drive mounted to the linux server. Samba needs to be
running on the server. If the FreeBSD server has samba running, you can
mount a drive and use your Python Windows IDE.

If samba isn't available/set-up, you can try using FTP. You can then
use Crimson Editor which does the syntax coloring and can ftp to/from a
server.