Jargons of Info Tech industry

marduk usenet at marduk.letterboxes.org
Tue Oct 4 19:18:38 EDT 2005

[Removed X-posting]

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 17:14 +0000, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:32:09 -0500, l v <lv at aol.com> wrote or quoted :
>
> >I think e-mail should be text only.
>
> I disagree.  Your problem  is spam, not HTML. Spam is associated with
> HTML and people have in Pavlovian fashion come to hate HTML.
>
> But HTML is not the problem!

And guns don't kill people: people kill people!

Seriously though, plain-text is just plain [n]etiquette (for most
newsgroups/mailing lists (at least the technical ones)).  Follow the
rules and avoid becoming a social outcast.  If your particular forum
allows/encourages HTML then <tag> away!

( This post is neither x-posted, HTML-ized, closed-captioned nor
simulcast in Spanish or HD )