Continuous system simulation in Python

Sébastien Boisgérault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 06:47:31 EDT 2005

Nicolas,

I am aware of some shortcomings and design flaws of Simulink,
especially in the code generation area. I am interested by
your paper nonetheless, please send me copy.

However, Simulink is used by many people on a day-to-day basis
in the context of big, industrial projects. The claim that it
is "next to unusable" is, in my book, an overstatement ...

Scicos is not perfect either but you can hardly say that is
is a simple clone of Simulink. No time and space to go into
the details ...

Obviously, the python community is very dynamic, but how much
support will you get in the very specific topic of continuous
time systems simulation ?

IMHO, an hybrid approach, such as the development of bridge
to include Python components into Simulink/Scicos/Ptolemy/
Modelica/pick_your_favorite_simulator may grant you more
interest from the simulation community.

Cheers,

SB