dictionary interface

Paul Rubin http
Wed Oct 5 04:48:42 EDT 2005

Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> writes:
> But that is contradicted by the unittest. If you have a unittest for
> comparing dictionaries, that means comparing dictionaries has a
> testable characteristic and thus is further defined.

No, I don't think so.  The unittest makes sure that a particular
implementation works as intended.  That doesn't mean that every part
of the of how that particular implementation works is required by the
language definition.  It can have some non-required (but
non-forbidden) characteristics and those could still get tested.