more than 100 capturing groups in a regex

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Tue Oct 25 07:21:39 EDT 2005

"Joerg Schuster" <joerg.schuster at gmail.com> writes:

> No limitation at all would be best. If a limitation is necessary, then
> the more capturing groups, the better. At the time being, I would be
> really happy about having the possibility to use 10000 capturing
> groups.

I'm sorry, I missed the beginning of this thread and it has already expired on
my news server, but what is the reason for so much capturing groups?  I
imagine that coding this and keeping code maintenable is a huge effort.  Oh,
and I came from Perl, where I used to think in regexps...  In Python I almost
never use them.

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>