Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Thu Oct 20 07:08:20 EDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:15:03 -0700, "David Schwartz"
<davids at webmaster.com> wrote or quoted :

>    Did I say their obligation was to secure their shareholders as much
>profit as possible? I said their obligation was to their shareholders.

You are literally saying people work for a company have an obligation
to the shareholders. That is too obvious to be bothered with
announcing. The employees take the shareholder's money, so obviously
they have an obligation to produce something in return.  When I read
your words, I think you really mean this is the prime or sole
obligation of an employee.  I disagree with that. There are many
loyalties that compete.

Personally, the loyalty to the preservation of my planet is far above
loyalty to any company.  For example, I would feel a moral obligation
to be a whistleblower of actions of a company that was destroying the
environment.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.