Microsoft Hatred FAQ

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Thu Oct 27 18:29:22 EDT 2005

"Mike Meyer" <mwm at mired.org> wrote in message
news:86y84ehd3j.fsf at bhuda.mired.org...

> I've noticed something strange that makes me wonder the same
> thing. Everytime someone compares MS's behavior with that of any other
> criminals, he responds about MS's activity being "equated to that of
> criminals with guns", and refuses to discuss the issue. Ironically,
> while no one else has so much as compared MS to criminals with guns -
> after all, they're white collar criminals - David Schwartz called the
> DOJ official who were investigating MS "criminals with guns pointed
> out [MS officers] heads".

    I can't understand why you would post an outright lie like this.
"Ironically, while no one else has so much as compared MS to criminals with
guns". I defy you to find *one* place where I complain that MS behavior is
equated to the actual use of force where that is not in fact done in
precisely the thread I'm replying to.

    In the present thread, for example, I was responding to:

"We are talking junior Mafia style enforcement."

    and

"Try the same thing to deal with a Mafia extortion racket."

    and his response to my question if he was specifically saying that
Microsoft ever used or threatened force was:

"YES .  Have you not read a word I said."

    and

"It will be very hard to prosecute MS for their crimes because they commit
them much the way the Mafia does. ... Everyone was terrified of MS and would
never dream of going public. I have talked about this publicly many times
because it always looked as if I were going to die in a few years anyway."

    DS