wxPython & Cygwin

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Oct 16 10:29:56 EDT 2005

>> Why? Use windows python, wxPython for it - and put it in your path to
>> use it inside cygwin.
>>
> Don't think that'll work for an extension module.

Sure it will. You can call whatever program you want from cygwin, as
long as it is in the path. No difference to double-clicking an icon or
something similar.

>> But maybe you _can_ compile it yourself - I didn't try, though.
>>
>> Diez
>

> Probably a daunting task.

Yes, and probably not working unless you use MinGW, as you need
windows-headers instead of Posix-style GCC. But I've compiled Python, Qt
and some other libs using MinGW, and cygwin. So I think it should be doable.

Diez