How best to reference parameters.

David Poundall david at jotax.com
Wed Oct 26 19:42:38 EDT 2005

Sorry Ron,  my earlier reply was too brief I wasn't thinking straight
(so what else is new ;-) my apologies.  The main reason for going down
the route I am looking at (thread 2) is that intellisense runs OK in my
IDE using that aproach.

In my application this will be important as I will be using the IDE
(Wing) as a high level user editor in a limited code area.  The user
will need to see (hence the use of intellisense) which properties are
available for him to work with.

The second example you gave runs similar to the first, and
unfortunately the intellisense does not pick up available properties as
you go walk the dots.  Not suprisingly really as the class is dynamic
in the way it operates. It only see's the index property and the
showall function.

The code as you wrote it works fine though, and it is already salted
away in my meager (but growing) codebank.

Many thanks for your reply.