divide

Andrew Gwozdziewycz apgwoz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:51:14 EDT 2005

Do the divisions have to be themselves rectangles?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x____________B_____C_______x
x_____A____________________x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

would be a representation of the problem?
However, though, I think that what you mean with your Points being
smaller and things, is that the points are centered in the middle of
their peice of the rectangle, whichs makes the problem really easy.
If that is the case, notice that:
         width of Rectangle A =  2 * the_x_coordinate_ofA
  Subsequent widths can be found by subtracting the left side of the
rectangle from the equation above. This is modified as follows

        width of Rectangle X = 2 * the_x_coordinate_ofX - width_so_far

The height of your rectangles will all be the same (if i read the
question right), so translating this to python is simple.