Jargons of Info Tech industry

Stefaan A Eeckels tengo at DELETEMEecc.lu
Sun Oct 9 18:42:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:49:32 +1000
Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:28:31 +0000, Roedy Green wrote:
>
> > What if I am sending diagrams to help someone repair
> > their computer? It is ridiculous to tie people's arms behind their
> > backs.  What you do instead is work to prevent abuse.  Captions in
> > and of themselves are not dangerous things.
>
> I didn't say they were. Obviously you haven't been reading my emails,
> just reacting against them mindlessly. I use a mail client that gives
> me the choice of displaying or not displaying HTML emails. If there
> is no alternative to HTML, then I may _choose_ to render the HTML.

Norm Reitzel said it all a while ago:

"I don't understand that attitude.  Don't we want email that has dancing
 bears, cute little videos, musical tunes, animated waving hands, sixty
 fonts, and looks like it's been done with crayolas? Good grief, man,
 think like a three year old!"

--
Stefaan