Hygenic Macros

David Pokorny dbpokorny at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:57:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks - this cookbook entry is very cool!

I am somewhat worried about function call overhead from the infix hack
though... on second consideration, the infix issue is not as important
as eventually boosting the speed of the inner loop to which
matrixmultiply() belongs. For those who are interested in things like
fast math, I found

http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave/weaveperformance.html

very eye-opening. For many of the examples cited there, it is possible
to simply treat the source as a string and then do the necessary macro
transformations before passing it off to a compiler...

David