Send password over TCP connection

Peter Tillotson none at no.chance
Mon Oct 10 11:20:36 EDT 2005

simplest approach is to 1 way hash the password ... perhaps using md5

normally with passwords the server only has to check if it is the same
word, assuming the same hash algorithms the same hash value can be
created at client.

Its not hugely secure ... anyone sniffing can grab your hash value and
then try to crack it at their leisure. It would be better to communicate
over ssl.

Anyone know of a simple ssl api in python :-)