Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Sat Oct 8 14:40:46 EDT 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> I used to like [double-underscore private names], but as time
> goes by have come to like it less and less; right now,
> unless I have to respect existing coding standards,
> I entirely avoid the double-underscore usage,
> while single-underscores are OKish).

Hear, hear. I've been seriously considering a ban on double-underscore names as part of the coding standard for CherryPy.

And I am also glad you're back! I must say I opened several of your recent posts on topics which I would not otherwise have read. ;)

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org