XML Tree Discovery (script, tool, __?)

eric.pederson at gmail.com eric.pederson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:35:22 EDT 2005

The output I was contemplating was a DOM "DNA" - that is the DOM
without the instances of the elements or their data, a bare tree, a
prototype tree based on what is in the document (rather than what is
legal to include in the document).

Just enough data that for an arbitrary element I would know:

1) whether the element was in a document
2) where to find it (the chain of parents)

As I mentioned, I'm just starting to think about the subject, so maybe
the best practice is something else like loading the full DOM into
memory.  I'm still in the make one to throw away one mode.

EP