Py2Exe + kinterbasdb

durumdara at mailpont.hu durumdara at mailpont.hu
Mon Oct 3 10:28:04 EDT 2005

Hi !

I compile an application (that working good in native python) to exe
with py2exe.
In native mode (python.exe ReportApp.py) it is working, the reports are
created good.
But when I try to create a report from the compiled exe, it is show an
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Report01.pyc", line 164, in OnButton1Button
  File "report_01.pyc", line 12, in OpenDBForReport
  File "report_db.pyc", line 11, in OpenDB
  File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 472, in connect
  File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 558, in __init__
  File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 367, in _ensureInitialized
  File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 315, in init
ImportError: No module named typeconv_backcompat

The OpenDB is do this:

def OpenDB(paramdb):
    dsn=paramdb.get('PATH','')
    usr=paramdb.get('USER','sys'+'dba')
    pwd=paramdb.get('PASSWORD','any')
    global DB
    DB=kim.connect(dsn=dsn, user=usr,password=pwd)
    return DB

It seems to be that the problem occured in __init__.pyc.
How to I prevent it ?

Please help me !
Thanks. For any help.

K. O. R. : dd