Pythoncard mental block

jlocc at fau.edu jlocc at fau.edu
Fri Oct 7 13:25:24 EDT 2005

Hi!!

I am working on a school project and I decided to use PythonCard and
wxPython for my GUI development. I need a password window that will
block unwanted users from the system. I got the pop-up password
question to work...

   def on_openBackground(self, event):

        result = dialog.textEntryDialog(self,
                                    'System',
                                    'Please enter your password: ',
                                    '')

.....but I don't exactly remember how to check if the entered password
is correct. Say I hard code the password to be 'hello', then how would
I check if this was the input or if it wasn't???

Sorry, I've got a mental block....I'm using the latest
everything....thankssss!!