Jargons of Info Tech industry

Paul Rubin http
Sat Oct 8 23:35:49 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> writes:
> > I read mail over an ssh connection to a Unix shell.  I have no easy
> > way to read html email with a graphics browser.
>
> You don't need a grahics browser - you just need a browser.

Right, precisely.  I use lynx, as I explained.  It renders the html as
plain text and doesn't violate any standards by doing so.  The html is
nothing but a pain in the neck that lynx removes, so they may as well
send text email in the first place.  Lynx shows that all the fancy
html formatting crap is just advisory at best.  It's perfectly fine
for a browser to ignore it.