Redirect os.system output

Paul Dale pd at traxon.com
Tue Oct 25 10:05:18 EDT 2005

pexpect is POSIX compliant and works under Cygwin. I haven't tried it
under pythonw.

Just install cgywin (including python) then follow the standard
instructions for pexpect.

There was one small trick I had to do to get cygwin working totally
properly on my machine which was run a rebaseall.

Rebaseall sets the memory addresses for the DLLs or something like that.

However, there is a slight problem. The rebaseall runs inside cygwin and
uses one of the DLLs. To get around this I change the rebaseall script
to write it's command to a text file and then  run those commands in a
DOS cmd shell. After that everything has worked without problem.

Good luck,

Paul