non descriptive error

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Oct 7 03:34:27 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:
> i try to run my app and i get this
>
> %python DutyShift.py
> error
>

> thats it. thats the error. mya pp was previously working, and i did make
> some fairly large changes to it, but i'd expect a more descriptive
> message then just "error". anyidea where i need to start looking?

I would look inside *your* program! I don't ever remember Python
producing any message so terse and unhelpful.

A way to check this would be to run python interactively and enter the
statement

import DutyShift

though this won't necessarily run all the logic that gets run by your
command.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119